Active Citizenship Network is glad to launch the third edition of its bi- annual project at the European level “EU Civic Prize on Chronic Pain - Collection of good practices” with the aim to highlight existing good practices in several European countries in terms of struggle against pain.
This third edition allows us to continuing expanding the “agora” of operators of good practices on pain, encouraging the exchange of experiences among health professionals, healthcare providers, Institutions, civic associations, and patient advocacy groups.
Exceptionally, for this edition, the Prize recognizes also outstanding initiatives that have been put in place, modified, or updated to face and mitigate the COVID – 19 pandemic consequences on chronic pain patients’ life.
Aims of the project
- Giving continuity to the previous successful collections of good practices: “European Civic Prize on Chronic Pain - Collecting Good Practices" First Edition and Second Edition.
- Enriching European and national experiences, expertise, data and benchmarking on chronic pain.
- Fostering the multi-stakeholder platform of operators of good practices on pain, created in the last years of ACN’ projects on chronic pain, at European and national level.
THE APPLICATION PERIOD IS CLOSED!!!
The award is open to any healthcare stakeholder: patients’ associations, health professionals, private and public hospitals, universities, etc., also from extra UE countries.
The deadline for submitting your good practice was the 30th of April 2021!!
The types of good practice to be identified has been classified in the following categories:
- Patients’ empowerment
- Clinical practices
- Professional education
Exceptionally, for this edition, the Prize recognizes also outstanding initiatives that have been put in place, modified, or updated to face and mitigate the COVID – 19 pandemic consequences on chronic pain patients’ life and healthcare services.
There will be one prize in each category, allocated by the Jury (see below the members) to the best submissions.
The winners will be offered the opportunity to share their projects during the Award ceremony, a public European meeting pain-related, and a Publication in English in a suitable journal.
All the gathered good practices will be collected in a Final Report like this one produced in the last edition:
For more information, please contact Daniela Quaggia:
“EU Civic Prize on Chronic Pain - Collection of good practices” - First Edition.
“EU Civic Prize on Chronic Pain - Collection of good practices” - Second Edition.
The Engagement of Cittadinanzattiva in the Fight against Useless Pain
Good practice: the policy of Cittadinanzattiva
The Jury of the Prize is composed by the following project partners:
- Community PRO (Participation Resilience Organizing)
- ATMPs revolution: empowering leaders of EU civic and patients’ advocacy groups
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2022
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- AMR Patient Alliance – developing educational repository for patient and caregiver awareness of drug resistant infections
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- NIGHTINGALE - Novel Integrated Toolkit for Enhanced Pre-Hospital Life Support and Triage in Challenging and Large and Demanding Emergencies
- The successful experience of Polart Circle
Read all >