#VITA – Value and InnovaTion of Advanced therapies
ATMPs revolution: empowering leaders of EU civic and patients’ advocacy groups
24 MAY 2022 | 15:00 – 17:00 CEST
EU online training seminar
If you missed the webinar you can find the recording link here
Moderator: Maddalena D’Urso, Active Citizenship Network
15:00 – 15:10 Opening remarks
• Mariano Votta - Director Active Citizenship Network/Cittadinanzattiva
15:10 – 15:50 ATMPs: a paradigm shift for patients, public decision-makers and healthcare systems
• Andrea Grignolio - Senior Research Fellow - CNR Interdepartmental Center for Research Ethics and Integrity, Professor of History of Medicine - Vita-Salute San Raffaele University in Milan
15:50 – 16:30 The ATMPs as an investment: addressing the public budget and sustainability issues
• Americo Cicchetti - Professor of Healthcare Management at the Faculty of Economics, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome (Italy) and Director of the Advanced School of Health Economics and Management
16:30 – 16:50 The PAGs perspective
• Leire Solis - Health Policy and Advocacy Senior Manager at the International Patient Organisation for Primary Immunodeficiencies (IPOPI)
16:50 Final remarks & next steps
About the speakers
Andrea Grignolio teaches History of Medicine and Bioethics at V.-S. San Raffaele University Milan and at Interdep. Center for Research Ethics and Integrity of National Research Council (CNR). He studied at the Centre Cavaillès of 'École Normale Supérieure of Paris, Research and Post-doctoral Fellow at Boston University, Visiting Scholar at UC Berkeley, and Research Fellow at the University François Rabelais of Tours.
He is author of papers appeared on international journals and of the books Vaccines: “Are They Worth a Shot?” (Springer 2018); together with Cattaneo E., De Falco J., “Ogni giorno. Tra scienza e politica”, 2016 (Everyday. Between science and politics); with Beccaria G., “Scienza&Democrazia”, 2014 (Science & Democracy).
At CNR he is member of Scientific Secretariat of the Research Ethics and Bioethics Committee, scientific director of the Vaccine Hesitancy Forum and of the Research Integrity Training Unit; in 2021 he has been the coordinator of the G-20 Italy Policy Paper on a Global Health Literacy Alliance.
Americo Cicchetti is Professor of Healthcare Management at the Faculty of Economics, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome (Italy) and Director of the Advanced School of Health Economics and Management. He is the Director of Research of the Health Technoogy Assessment Unit of the A. Gemelli University Hospital in Rome. He has been associated partner of the European Network of Health Technology Assessment and Director of Health Technology Assessment International. Associate editor of Frontiers in Medical Technology – Regulatory Affairs and of the International Journal of Health Technology Assessment in Healthcare. Americo Cicchetti has actively participated ad co-PI to numerous EU research projects regarding HTA applications such as ADHopHTA (Adopting HTA in European Hospitals), IMPACT HTA, and others. He has been member of the Price and Reimbursement Committee of the Italian National Drug Agency (AIFA) from 2009 to 2015. He authored more that 150 papers and 10 books.
Leire Solís is Senior Manager for Health Policy and Advocacy at the International Patient Organisation for Primary Immunodeficiencies (IPOPI) since 2014. In this capacity, she is involved in advocacy programmes at international, European and national level to ensure that the patient’s voice is heard. Additional responsibilities at IPOPI consist on monitoring the health policy environment affecting the PID community globally and support IPOPI’s national patient groups in their advocacy efforts. Leire is IPOPI’s alternate member to European Medicines Agency Patient and Consumer Working Party (PCWP), a member at the European Reference Network RITA Patient Organisation working group and at the Rare Disease International Advocacy Committee.
Prior to joining IPOPI, Leire worked for a European public affairs consultancy in Brussels and was in charge of planning and executing several policy campaigns for pharmaceutical companies, patient groups and scientific associations.
Leire holds a bachelor’s degree in Sociology, a Master’s in International Affairs and is a EUPATI Fellow on medicines research and development.
More information on the project here
· Technical Policy Report from the #VITA Working Group “THE ECONOMIC EVALUATION OF ADVANCED THERAPY MEDICINAL PRODUCTS: CHARACTERISTICS AND REASONS FOR A NEW ECONOMIC AND ACCOUNTING APPROACH” (EN– IT– IT2).
With the non-conditioned sponsorship of #VITA – Value and Innovation for Advanced Therapies
Updated webpage in May 2022
- Community PRO (Participation Resilience Organizing)
- ATMPs revolution: empowering leaders of EU civic and patients’ advocacy groups
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2022
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- AMR Patient Alliance – developing educational repository for patient and caregiver awareness of drug resistant infections
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- NIGHTINGALE - Novel Integrated Toolkit for Enhanced Pre-Hospital Life Support and Triage in Challenging and Large and Demanding Emergencies
- The successful experience of Polart Circle
Read all >