Improve the awareness on the importance of vaccination across Europe Project
Leaders and activists engaged in social, civic and patients associations, parents, teachers, health workers, bloggers and popularizers: everyone can commit to disseminate correct scientific information, ready to defend the importance of vaccination from the wave of misinformation that is being spreading for some years.
Active Citizenship Network (ACN), is deeply committed to contribute to raise awareness about the importance of vaccination across Europe and to shift to a common knowledge linked to a life-course vaccination approach: immunization is vital to prevent diseases and protect life.
For this reason in the second half of 2019 ACN has realized:
- a Spot for a social media communication campaign that supports and spread this core messages: “Together, as active and aware citizens, we can protect ourselves, become the champion of your future! “sending a unified, clear and strong message on the importance of vaccination directly from citizens to citizens. Moreover, an informative leaflet in a different language has been produced (you can download them here below on the page).
- with the cooperation of its constituency of national citizens’ organizations in various European countries, hold national focus groups on the specific theme of the life-course immunization approach in the national immunization plan. The aims were finding together proposals and gather impressions, suggestions, advice on that aspect and provide institutional and health care, stakeholders, with the strengths/weaknesses of national policies and plans on life-course - vaccination for each selected country; the common elements or specificities that affect a greater or lower success of this approach in the different countries. Read more about national events!
NEW read the National Reports
Active Citizenship Network promotes a life course immunization approach!
See the Spot in English
The Institute of Patients’ Rights and Health Education promotes a life course immunization approach!
See the Spot in Polish
Download the Leaflet in Polish
Prevent diseases without borders! See the vaccine schedules in all countries of the EU
Immunization throughout the life-course enables adults to age with reduced risk to such vaccine-preventable diseases.
WATCH THE VIDEO OF World Health Organization Western Pacific
The project will be realized thanks to the support of
Read more about the Active Citizenship Network engagement on vaccination
At the National level
The topic of therapeutic adherence was addressed by Cittadinanzattiva through the National Coalition of Associations for Patients Suffering Chronic Diseases (CnAMC). The CnAMC is a network of Cittadinanzattiva established in 1996, which represents an example of crosscutting alliance between associations of people with chronic and rare diseases for the protection of their rights. It has about one hundred members.
Our policy on patient safety: focus on Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAIs) and Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR)
Our commitment on the topic
Since its inception in 1978, Cittadinanzattiva Onlus has worked continuously to advocate for safer healthcare, first at the National level and then also at EU level through its international branch called Active Citizenship Network (ACN). In particular, in 2002, ACN drafted the European Charter of Patients' Rights together with other patient associations from 15 different countries. The Charter underlines, among others, the Patients’ Right to preventive measures, the Patients’ Right to the observance of quality standards, the Patients’ Right to safety, the Patients’ Right to Innovation.
TOWARDS HIGHER PATIENT SAFETY IN EUROPEAN HOSPITALS. Innovation in hygiene and sanification to reduce healthcare associated infections and antimicrobial resistance
4-5 February 2019
Patient safety is the reduction of risk of unnecessary harm associated with health care to an acceptable minimum. An acceptable minimum refers to the collective notions of current knowledge, resources available and the context in which care was delivered and weighed against the risk of non-treatment or alternative treatment (WHO 2004).
Cittadinanzattiva has a more than 30 year experience in the protection of citizens' rights in the health sector, which initiated with its Tribunale per i diritti del malato ("Tribunal for Patients' Rights" or TDM) in 1980 and was later strengthened through the Coordinamento nazionale Associazioni Malati Cronici (National Coordination Centre of Chronic Patients' Associations) in 1996.
Since 2017 Medicines for Europe, through its Value Added Medicines Group, and Cittadinanzattiva Onlus, through its international branch Active Citizenship Network, have decided to cooperate for a better access to healthcare across Europe and for a better respect of patients' rights, starting from the patients’ right of access to healthcare, the patients’ right to innovation and the patients’ right to personalized treatment. In particular:
In line with our increasing cooperation for a the better access to healthcare across Europe and in the field of patients' rights, starting from the Patients’ Right of Access, the Patients’ Right to Innovation and the Patients’ Right to Personalized Treatment, Active Citizenship Network has decided to co-organize the "Value added medicines dialogue" a workshop at European level on the 20 of November in Brussels.
The purpose of this initiative is to provide for a selected number of leaders of patients’ organizations and advocacy groups across Europe an updated overview about the option of the value added medicines, to know more about the incremental innovation in drugs and to facilitate an exchange views on key policy developments related to value added medicines.
6th November 2018
The 6th of November, ACN organized in Brussels an European training seminar on the theme of life-course vaccination opened to 20 selected leaders of civic and patients associations coming from different countries (Belgium, Bulgaria, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Spain, Slovenia, Slovakia, Albania, Kosovo, Croatia, Malta...). The reason was to responds to the need to be more up-to-date and prepared in the face of a phenomenon (the decrease in vaccination coverage) that has returned to topical relevance; to better identify, recognize and struggle the increased external factors that can negatively influence the vaccine policy in EU Member States and have updated information & knowing how to recognize official sources of information.
7th November 2018
Hosted by MEP David Borrelli, NI
Moderator: Suzanne Wait, The Health Policy Partnership
10:00 - 10:15 Welcome address
MEP David Borrelli, Group of non-attached Members
Mariano Votta, Director of Active Citizenship Network Read the speech
XII EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2018
Therapeutic adherence: value the impact for patients and healthcare system
23 May 2018 9:30 - 13:00
Room PHS - P7C050, European Parliament
Translation EN – ITA will be provided
- Therapeutic adherence: value the impact for patients and healthcare system (BIO)
- Memorandum of Understanding between Pain Alliance Europe and Active Citizenship Network signed
- European Civic Prize on Chronic Pain Collecting Good Practices Second edition 2018-2019
- The commitment of Active Citizenship Network on cross-border healthcare
- International & National initiatives for the European Patients’Rights Day
- Informative campaign on IT Law 38/2010: “WERE NOT BORN TO SUFFER”
- The active role of citizens in the evaluation process: methods, impact and prospects of Civic Evaluation in Italy
- European Civic Prize on Chronic Pain Collecting Good Practices - III edition 2020-2021
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- Joined For Vaccination: speakers list
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- Joined For Vaccination: addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and Increasing Uptake in EU. A Multi-Stakeholder Perspective
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- Pain Euro-Mediterranean Coalition (PEMeC) Aliança Euro-Mediterrânica da Dor
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- National consultations: European active citizens for vaccination - 2019
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP SYMPOSIUM 2019
Read all >