Fake medicines put patients and the general public at risk. Patients believe they are receiving genuine treatment, but instead they are getting potentially dangerous products that could increase resistance to real treatments, and cause further illness, disability or even death.
Fight the Fakes is a campaign that aims to raise awareness about the dangers of fake medicines. The campaign gives a voice to those who have been personally impacted and shares the stories of those working to put a stop to this threat to public health. It seeks to build a global movement of organizations and individuals who will shine light on the negative impact that fake medicines have on people around the globe and to reduce the negative consequences on individuals worldwide.
Fight the Fakes partners endorse the campaign and share the belief that coordination among all actors involved in the manufacturing and distribution of medicines is vital to tackle this public health threat.
As part of this effort, Fight the Fakes www.fightthefakes.org is collecting and sharing the stories of those who are impacted by fake medicines and are speaking up. The website also serves as a resource for organizations and individuals who are looking to support this effort by outlining opportunities for action and sharing what others are doing to fight fake medicines.
Active Citizenship Network has decided to join in September 2014 because the campaign allows you to give continuity in a supranational dimension to an activity in the field of drug counterfeiting and accurate information, who has been committed Cittadinanzattiva at level Italian.
Read more "Healthcomes with a click"
- XIV European Patients’ Rights Day 2020
- Increasing consciousness and access to treatment, reducing the burden of cardiovascular diseases across Europe
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- Increasing consciousness and access to treatment, reducing the burden of cardiovascular diseases across Europe - AGENDA
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- The active role of citizens in the evaluation process: methods, impact and prospects of Civic Evaluation in Italy
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- Informative campaign on IT Law 38/2010: “WERE NOT BORN TO SUFFER”
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- European Civic Prize on Chronic Pain Collecting Good Practices - III edition 2020-2021
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- Joined For Vaccination: speakers list
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- Joined For Vaccination: addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and Increasing Uptake in EU. A Multi-Stakeholder Perspective
- The successful experience of Polart Circle
Read all >