Active Citizenship Network supports the Written Declaration, under Rule 136 of Parliament’s Rules of Procedure, on access to employment for those affected by neurological disorders and chronic pain conditions. The initiative is promoted by the European Federation of Neurological Associations (EFNA) and Pain Alliance Europe (PAE) with the aim to encourage research into and access to innovative treatments, promote prevention and self-management approaches, decrease stigma and work together to improve quality of life for people living with these disabling conditions.
The text of the Written Declaration is to be found on the dedicated website.
If approved, The Written Declaration will be a very valuable document to use at local, national and European level, for example, in:
- Advocating for the implementation of employment rights for those affected by chronic pain conditions.
- Raising awareness of the stigma and discrimination faced by those affected by chronic pain at work.
- Ensuring relevant EU legislation on access to employment is applied at the national level.
- Highlighting the existence of EU funds to improve accessibility to the workplace for those who wish to regain or remain in employment.
Download a translated version here (All EU languages available)
- Informative campaign on IT Law 38/2010: “WERE NOT BORN TO SUFFER”
- The active role of citizens in the evaluation process: methods, impact and prospects of Civic Evaluation in Italy
- European Civic Prize on Chronic Pain Collecting Good Practices - III edition 2020-2021
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- Joined For Vaccination: speakers list
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- Joined For Vaccination: addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and Increasing Uptake in EU. A Multi-Stakeholder Perspective
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- Pain Euro-Mediterranean Coalition (PEMeC) Aliança Euro-Mediterrânica da Dor
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- National consultations: European active citizens for vaccination - 2019
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP SYMPOSIUM 2019
Read all >