Brussels, European Parliament – 1st February 2017
To reduce greenhouse effect gas emission at least of the 20% compared to 1990 levels; to get the 20% of the whole energy from clean energy; to improve energetic efficiency of the 20%. Which role can play citizens to contribute to reach these EU goals in climate and energy issues in the coming years and decades?
On 30 November 2016, the European Commission presented its “Clean Energy for All” package, a set of policy initiatives and legislative proposals that aim to help the EU reach the 40% decarbonisation target by 2030.
Between the development of crowdfunding and the introduction of prosumer concept, how the European Institutions encourage citizens’ participation in this area? What are the most significant successful experiences in Europe? What are the limits and the potentiality? How to ensure adequate protection to the different market players?
The conference is organized by Active Citizenship Network, the EU branch of Italian NGO Cittadinanzattiva, and is dedicated to the consumers’ engagement across Europe in the fields of sustainable and renewable energies. Indeed, last May, the European Parliament voted the Resolution on delivering a new deal for energy consumers (2015/2323(INI)) in which citizens will play a more active role in getting the goals of the new European energy strategy.
The main aims of the event are to provide and analyze the point of view of citizens and their active participation in this context, presenting experiences focused on civic participation; and to highlight the different consumer engagement strategies from projects supported by Intelligent Energy Europe Programme. The conference will be also the occasion to present the experience of “Citizenergy” platform to the European Institutions and the relevant stakeholders.
The ultimate goal is to offer an opportunity to the stakeholders to exchange their experiences and opinions on the topic and to develop policy recommendations to the EU Institutions.
Characteristics of the event
- When and Where: 1st February 2017 in Brussels at the European Parliament, room ASP7H1 from 10:00 to 12:00
- Title: “The engagement of citizens in sustainable energy. Sharing successful experiences across Europe”
- Hosted by: MEP Dario Tamburrano (EFDD group), member of the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy
- Organized by: Active Citizenship Network, the EU branch of Italian NGO Cittadinanzattiva
- Duration: 2 hours
- Target of participants and panel of experts: at the event will participate the representatives of the European Institutions, key stakeholders and thematic networks at European level, including:
- European Institutions:
- EU Commission DG Energy
- European Parliament: MEPs from the Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection/MEPs from the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy
- The European Consumer Consultative Group (ECCG) promoted by DG Justice and Consumers, the Commission's main forum to consult national and European consumer organizations
- RES promoters and Cooperatives successful experiences:
- Citizenergy platform
- BOA Energia
- de Windvogel
- Green Crowding
- Som Energia
- Solar Plaza
- Wola zmian
- Energy Cities
- WIP Renewable Energies
- Rescoop platform
- E’ Nostra
- EU umbrella organizations & relevant stakeholder
- Financial support
The initiative takes advantage of the EU project Citizenergy.
For further information about the project: https://citizenergy.eu/
- Contact persons:
Eleonora Di Donna
Tel.: +39 (0)6 367181
REPRESENTATIVE OFFICE TO THE EU
Tel: +32 497 28 60 79
Skype: Giuseppe Perretti
- Informative campaign on IT Law 38/2010: “WERE NOT BORN TO SUFFER”
- The active role of citizens in the evaluation process: methods, impact and prospects of Civic Evaluation in Italy
- European Civic Prize on Chronic Pain Collecting Good Practices - III edition 2020-2021
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- Joined For Vaccination: speakers list
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- Joined For Vaccination: addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and Increasing Uptake in EU. A Multi-Stakeholder Perspective
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- Pain Euro-Mediterranean Coalition (PEMeC) Aliança Euro-Mediterrânica da Dor
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- National consultations: European active citizens for vaccination - 2019
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP SYMPOSIUM 2019
Read all >