Active Citizenship Network is participating at the European project “From Citizen Involvement to Policy Impact (U-Impact)” supported by the Europe for Citizens Programme of the European Union.
The project coordinates citizen involvement with the public authorities on national and European level in nine European countries in order to increase the impact of citizen initiatives on the policy making process in the European Union. It is the extension of the EU Project “Joint Citizen Action for a Stronger, Citizen-Friendly Union (JoiEU)”.
The aims of the project are to:
- improve citizen’s understanding of the new power structure of the Union and Parliament as well as the opportunities to interact and impact its decision making process;
- help create a sustainable platform for increased pan-European citizen participation;
- offer concrete solutions to specific citizen problems and have them debated with the European and national policy makers;
- create a long lasting network for policy debate and involve citizens across borders, building on their cultural diversity and promoting the development of a common European public space.
The project is coordinated by ProInfo Foundation (Bulgaria) in collaboration with the following Partners:
- Partners Albania, Center for Change and Conflict Management, Albania
- European Citizen Action Service, Belgium
- NGO Support Centre, Cyprus
- IREX Europe, France
- Open Estonia Foundation, Estonia
- Active Citizenship Network, the European branch of CittadinanzattivaOnlus, Italy
- National Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux, Romania
- FundaciónCiudadanía, Spain
Under this project, Active Citizenship Network organized a webinar-conference on 4 March 2016 in Rome, on the topic of “Improving patients’ rights in the age of the Cross Border Healthcare Directive”. The event involved online and on-the-spot participation of national and international experts to debate the European Directive on patients’ rights in cross-border healthcare and the current state of its implementation throughout Europe.
To watch the recording of the conference, click here.
To read the interview to the Director of Active Citizenship Network about this event, please visit Corriere della Sera (13/03/2016)
Moreover, Active Citizenship Network has contributed to the following conferences:
- Sofia (Bulgaria), April 7, 2015: “Conference on the effectiveness of citizen participation”, organized by ProInfo as the official launch event of the project. Watch the video and the interview of the ACN representative.
- Bucharest (Romania), September 18, 2015: “The Refugee Crisis and the Schengen Dilemma – Debate in Bucharest”, organized by National Association of Citizens Bureax. Download the ACN presentation titled “Passenger rights: did you know that...."
- Nicosia (Cyprus), November 6, 2015: “Citizen Participation: Initiatives and Opportunities – Debate in Cyprus”, organized by NGO Support Centre. Download the official invitation, and the ACN presentation. To read more on the European Charter of Active Citizenship, please click here.
- Tallinn (Estonia), February 10, 2016: “Debate on citizen voices in the refugee crisis”, organized by Open Estonia Foundation. Download the programme of the event, the ACN presentation titled “Immigration: from stereotypes to common goods”.
- Brussels (Belgium), May 18, 2016: U-Impact partner European Citizen Action Service ECAS carried out an international conference on European Citizenship “24 Years of EU Citizenship: What We Stand to Lose” summing up the results of citizen engagement throughout the U-Impact project and beyond and addressing the major challenges EU citizenship is facing in the current crisis in Europe. Watch the video and download the agenda of the conference and ACN presentation titled “Improving patients’ rights”.
Project Duration: April 2015 – July 2016.
For more details on the project, click here.
To visit the official website of the project, click here
The project is realized with the support of the Europe for Citizens Programme of the European Union
- Informative campaign on IT Law 38/2010: “WERE NOT BORN TO SUFFER”
- The active role of citizens in the evaluation process: methods, impact and prospects of Civic Evaluation in Italy
- European Civic Prize on Chronic Pain Collecting Good Practices - III edition 2020-2021
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- Joined For Vaccination: speakers list
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- Joined For Vaccination: addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and Increasing Uptake in EU. A Multi-Stakeholder Perspective
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- Pain Euro-Mediterranean Coalition (PEMeC) Aliança Euro-Mediterrânica da Dor
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- National consultations: European active citizens for vaccination - 2019
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP SYMPOSIUM 2019
Read all >