Since 2014, Active Citizenship Network has launched both in Italy and abroad an action and awareness programme called “Active for Young Professionals”, whose main targets are university students and graduates. This led us to:
- host interns and volunteers from different Universities;
- support and collaborate with the student’s dissertation, for example:
- “Citizenship in transformation: the process of horizontal ‘Europeanization’ in the healthcare sector. The case of patients’ rights protection of CittadinanzattivaOnlus”, discussed in October 2014 at the University of Bologna (Italy).
- “Application de la méthode d'analyse stratégique à une organisation non lucrative d'utilité sociale italienne: exemple d'une reforme qui a 'securisé une zone d'incertitude”, completed at the University SciencesPo Paris (France), postgraduate degree in European Affairs, course of “Théorie des organization”.
- stipulate a triennial agreement, on 8 September 2014, with John Cabot University regarding internships. John Cabot University is an American institution in the heart of Rome with students coming from 60 different countries. John Cabot University and Cittadinanzattiva Onlus both share the common goal to facilitate the intern’s professional choice by providing direct knowledge of the labor market and provide a complete training with appropriate study and work. For further information please click here and read our statement.
Internal and external goals of the agreement
The agreement between John Cabot University and Cittadinanzattiva is especially significant as it gives the opportunity to:
- offer students and graduates a work experience to develop their knowledge on European policies;
- promote new skills in the tertiary sector;
- spread in a professional manner and at the international level the “the culture of civic participation and civic rights protection”;
- provide young citizens the opportunity to contribute, interact and participate in the construction of a “closer” Europe that should be more democratic, open, richer and united in spite of its cultural differences, in order to develop a “European Union citizenship”;
- develop among young people a sense of a European identity based on common values, history and culture;
- spread among young people the activities that Cittadinanzattiva accomplishes in Italy and abroad, such as through the “Career Fair”, periodically organized by John Cabot University;
- bolster the activities organized by the European Branch of Cittadinanzattiva, Active Citizenship Network, which deals with European and international policies;
- strengthen the collaboration with John Cabot University’s professors on topics related to Active Citizenship Network’s activities.
Biannual internships starts from 2015!
On 12 January 2015, began the first biannual internship at Cittadinanzattiva Onlus. Active Citizenship Network welcomes at its headquarters in Rome preselected interns by John Cabot University, with a preference for students in Business Administration, Communications, Economics and Finance, International Affairs, International Business or Political Science.
- Under the Italian law, the internship does not represent any working or collaboration contract;
- During the internship, the training and orientation activity is followed and checked by a tutor chosen by Cittadinanzattiva Onlus;
- Each intern is assigned a project which aims to use the skills related to the work that Cittadinanzattiva Onlus deals with at the European and international level;
- The intern will be integrated in the Active Citizenship Network’s staff.
- Informative campaign on IT Law 38/2010: “WERE NOT BORN TO SUFFER”
- The active role of citizens in the evaluation process: methods, impact and prospects of Civic Evaluation in Italy
- European Civic Prize on Chronic Pain Collecting Good Practices - III edition 2020-2021
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- Joined For Vaccination: speakers list
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- Joined For Vaccination: addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and Increasing Uptake in EU. A Multi-Stakeholder Perspective
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- Pain Euro-Mediterranean Coalition (PEMeC) Aliança Euro-Mediterrânica da Dor
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- National consultations: European active citizens for vaccination - 2019
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP SYMPOSIUM 2019
Read all >