MAKE CHRONIC PAIN A HEALTH PRIORITY IN EUROPE (November 17th, 2014 - Brussels)
Patients and citizens send recommendations to the new European Parliament and the new European Commission Patients (Pain Alliance Europe, PAE) and citizens (Active Citizenship Network, ACN) call for urgent action for chronic pain management at a national and EU level urging policy makers to: Prioritize chronic pain at an EU level; Increase public awareness of chronic pain; Educate healthcare professionals at undergraduate and graduate level about chronic pain management; Stimulate research and data collection by continuing chronic pain research.
Empowered patients are a resource! Celebrated today in Brussels the 8th European Patients’ Rights Day. The associations realized a “Civic reccomandations to improve the empowerment of citizens with chronic and rare diseased and their organizations”
“The role of civic organizations in the empowerment of patients with chronic diseases has been underestimated for too long. It is important that policy makers let organizations and patients actively partecipate in the management of chronic diseases. Not only to better their cure, but to cope with the caring, social, relational and psychological impacts of their disease”. These below the declarations of Antonio Gaudioso, secretary general of Cittadinanzattiva-Active Citizenship Network, the italian based organization that celebrated yesterday and today in Brussels the 8th European Patients’ Rights Day.
“In the next days the Manifesto containing Civic reccomandations to improve the empowerment of citizens with chronic and rare diseases and their organizations we promoted today will be part of a campaign of subscription by the association at local level”, continued Gaudioso, “to underline to local and European policy makers that empowered patients with chronic diseases and their organisations are a resource and not a cost, and they can be an effective partner for the governments in finding the best balance between costs management and citizens’ health rights”
Here you can see the video message Commissioner Tonio Borg realized for the 8th European Patients' Rights Day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5HuQ7iDo30
This press release arises from the conference “The role of citizens' organisations in the empowerment of patients with chronic diseases” ECHRODIS, which has received funding from the European Union, in the framework of the Health Programme (2008 -2013).The content represents the views of the author and it is his sole responsibility; it can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Commission and the Executive Agency for Health and Consumers or any other body of the European Union. The European Commission and the Executive Agency do not accept responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains. "
This event has been made possible also thanks to European Economic and Social Committee and an unrestricted educational grant from: Novartis, Phrma, Pfizer, Roche and Bayer.
Brussels, May 15 2012
6th European Patients’ Rights Day: Active Ageing at the center of EU Health Policy. In Brussels civic organisations and policy makers to boost European elderly citizens participation.
Active Ageing Citizens at the center of EU Health Policy. This is the title of the 6th Patients’ Rights Day, started today in Brussels at EESC, and promoted by Active Citizenship Network (www.activecitizenship.net). The event will end tomorrow with a session hosted by The National Museum of Natural Sciences. News and updates on twitter with #EPRD hashtag and on facebook page.
- Therapeutic adherence during the COVID-19 pandemic across Europe: impact, experiences and perspectives from PAGs & relevant stakeholders
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- AHEAD: Action for Health and Equity Addressing medical Deserts
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- Routine vaccinations in time of covid-19 across Europe: a multi-stakeholder evaluation
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- EU PAGs & citizens together in the fight against stroke
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- Patients’ right to avoid pain: reducing the burden of COVID-19, promoting best practices across EU
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2021
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2021
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- Addressing non-covid patients: COVID-19 lessons learned for more resilient Health Care Systems
Read all >