A way to make visible the invisible on chronic pain through the arts
"ARTISTS AGAINST PAIN" is the title of the cultural event scheduled for next March 17 in Milan, Italy, aimed to unit arts and advocacy groups on the topic of chronic pain.
The initiative is promoted by the artistic cultural association “Bioforme” in partnership with the European branch of the Italian NGO Cittadinanzattiva, Active Citizenship Network, the Maltese association "No Pain Foundation", and the patronage of Municipality 8 of the City of Milan.
Bioforme welcomed the proposal by Anna Kleszcz, a Polish woman afflicted by chronic pain and since years an activist on the topic at European level, organizing a cultural event outside the specialized circuits to spread knowledge and sensitize those who are not directly involved in the problem of chronic pain.
Even if far from any institutional context, the event will be an opportunity to approach the topic and to promote a reflection at different levels, such as the medical-political-social on one side and the musical-artistic on the other.
The event will be held in Milan on Saturday 17 March 2018, at the Bioforme venue (street Aosta n.2), from 3.30 pm to 9.00 pm. Entrance is free.
The program will include:
- The debate, aimed by Cittadinanzattiva–Active Citizenship Network and No Pain Foundation, enriched with patient testimonies, presentation of good practices, an overview of the situation across Europe, news on the commitment of the EU Institutions on the topic and recent achievements.
- exhibition of works presenting pain done by artists - Bioforme collaborators;
- poetry read by Milton Fernandez;
- Rita Tekeyan’s concert.
For further information click here
- Informative campaign on IT Law 38/2010: “WERE NOT BORN TO SUFFER”
- The active role of citizens in the evaluation process: methods, impact and prospects of Civic Evaluation in Italy
- European Civic Prize on Chronic Pain Collecting Good Practices - III edition 2020-2021
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- Joined For Vaccination: speakers list
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- Joined For Vaccination: addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and Increasing Uptake in EU. A Multi-Stakeholder Perspective
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- Pain Euro-Mediterranean Coalition (PEMeC) Aliança Euro-Mediterrânica da Dor
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- National consultations: European active citizens for vaccination - 2019
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP SYMPOSIUM 2019
Read all >