How to better access to innovative therapies: in Brussels today the
11th Patients’ Rights Day promoted by Active Citizenship Network and dozens of European civic associations.
Active Citizenship Network is celebrating today, with a multi-stakeholder conference at EESC in Brussels the 11th European Patients’ Rights Day.
The aim of the convention was to discuss, inform and suggest new approaches to the existing European and National Medicines Regulatory Systems, for better management of access to innovation. Indeed, the access to innovative therapies strongly contributes to define the quality of life of patients and the quality of healthcare services provided, respecting the fundamental values recognised by the European Charter of Patients’ Rights, promoted by Active Citizenship Network in 2012, and undersigned by dozens of European civic associations (list available on www.activecitizenship.net). The event was an occasion to inform, discuss and take commitments to improve the respect of patients’ rights and their involvement in the policy-making and regulatory processes at national and European level.
4 BEST PRACTICES AWARDED TODAY IN MALTA BY PRESIDENT PRECA IN THE FIRST EUROPEAN CIVIC AWARD ON CHRONIC PAIN PROMOTED BY ACTIVE CITIZENSHIP NETWORK-CITTADINANZATTIVA
4 best practices activities have been awarded today in Malta at Casino Maltese by the President of Malta Republic Maria Louise Coleiro Preca, thanks to the “EU Civic prize on Chronic Pain”, promoted by the Italian NGO Active Citizenship Network-Cittadinanzattiva during the annual symposium on the “Societal Impact of Pain” (SIP).
France, Ireland, Italy and Slovenia set an example for pain patients, other member states struggle
When it was completed in 2011, the Cross-Border Healthcare Directive seemed to usher in a new era of rights for patients seeking healthcare in the European Union. The Directive requires national governments to take a flexible approach to EU citizens accessing national healthcare systems, with costs being recouped at a later date through inter-governmental exchanges. While the complexities of member state insurance systems recouping costs may be a challenge, the principal of access treatment across the EU is one which member state governments are all, in theory, signed up to.
Citizenergy platform for community energy awards sustainable energy project of the year (10 January 2017)
Winner to be announced on 1 February at special EU Parliament event on citizen engagement in sustainable energy
Brussels, 10 January 2017. The long awaited winner of the 2016 Citizenergy Project of the Year award is due to be announced on 1 February in the halls of the EU Parliament during a special session on citizen engagement in sustainable energy. The award celebrates the one-year anniversary of the Citizenergy portal for community energy investment. The overwhelmingly clear results were a product of votes cast by hundreds of individuals, each of whom rated crowdfunded and cooperative based energy projects according to their contribution to a sustainable energy future.
Experts convene to tackle the societal impact of pain and urge decision makers to prioritise pain care in Europe
Chronic pain affects one in five Europeans
It’s time for the EU to act! Make pain care a priority for healthier citizens and a stronger economy. The Societal Impact of Pain’s (SIP) 2016 symposium will aim to engage all stakeholder groups involved in future policy making impacting the societal impact of pain.
- Therapeutic adherence during the COVID-19 pandemic across Europe: impact, experiences and perspectives from PAGs & relevant stakeholders
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- AHEAD: Action for Health and Equity Addressing medical Deserts
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- Routine vaccinations in time of covid-19 across Europe: a multi-stakeholder evaluation
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- EU PAGs & citizens together in the fight against stroke
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- Patients’ right to avoid pain: reducing the burden of COVID-19, promoting best practices across EU
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2021
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2021
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- Addressing non-covid patients: COVID-19 lessons learned for more resilient Health Care Systems
Read all >