From the therapeutic adherence to the therapeutic alliance: improving trust between patients and professionals to increase healthcare outcomes.
Europe and the Member States have a duty to attempt any possible solution to increase the level of adherence to treatment, in order to achieve important savings and improve the quality of life of citizens. This could be confirmed, of course, also in the next mandate of the EU Institutions. This is, in synthesis, the main message coming from the 12th edition of the European Patients’ Rights Day, held at the European Parliament in Brussels today, and organized by Active Citizenship Network, the European Branch of the Italian NGO Cittadinanzattiva.
The event was hosted by MEP David Borrelli, introduced by a video message of the European Commissioner for Health and Food Safety Andriukaitis, and realized thanks the support of: MSD, Merck, Bayer, Boehringer Ingelheim, GAfPA.
A way to make visible the invisible on chronic pain through the arts
"ARTISTS AGAINST PAIN" is the title of the cultural event scheduled for next March 17 in Milan, Italy, aimed to unit arts and advocacy groups on the topic of chronic pain.
The initiative is promoted by the artistic cultural association “Bioforme” in partnership with the European branch of the Italian NGO Cittadinanzattiva, Active Citizenship Network, the Maltese association "No Pain Foundation", and the patronage of Municipality 8 of the City of Milan.
Martin Seychell, Deputy Director General Dg Sante, Formally Announces Launch of Pain Expert and Stakeholder Group on the Eu Health Policy Platform at the Societal Impact of Pain Symposium
Valletta, Malta, June 9, 2017. The 7th annual Societal Impact of Pain (SIP) symposium comes to an end today, with clear policy recommendations having been formulated to change pain care in the European Union for the better and alleviate the effect of pain on society. Martin Seychell, Deputy Director General in the Health and Food Safety's Directorate, announced in a speech that the European Commission is following SIP’s lead and has launched the EU Health Policy Platform to build a bridge between health systems and policy makers. Among other health policy areas, the societal impact of pain is included as well and will have a dedicated expert group.
A major step forward for pain patients! Health ministers call for action on access to treatment for patients suffering from chronic pain
Friday June 16th, at a high level EU meeting, Health Ministers included chronic pain in the conclusions inviting Member States to evaluate access to treatment.
Brussels, Belgium – Friday June 16th, the Council of the European Union on Employment, Social Policy, Health and Consumer Affairs adopted its conclusions on “Encouraging Member States-driven Voluntary Cooperation of Health Systems” (1).
“WE WERE NOT BORN TO SUFFER ": campaign on the access to palliative care and pain therapy launched by Cittadinanzattiva
“We were not born to suffer": this is the name of the campaign launched today by Cittadinanzattiva, ten years after the law 38/2010 which regulates access to palliative care and pain therapy and which puts our country in a leading position for citizens' rights.
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2017 (10 May 2017)
- 4 best practices against pain awarded today in Malta (8 June 2017)
- Citizenergy platform for community energy awards sustainable energy project of the year (10 January 2017)
- EUROPEANS PATIENTS CONTINUE TO BE DENIED RIGHTS TO PAIN TREATMENT (24 May 2016)
- Therapeutic adherence during the COVID-19 pandemic across Europe: impact, experiences and perspectives from PAGs & relevant stakeholders
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- AHEAD: Action for Health and Equity Addressing medical Deserts
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- Routine vaccinations in time of covid-19 across Europe: a multi-stakeholder evaluation
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- EU PAGs & citizens together in the fight against stroke
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- Patients’ right to avoid pain: reducing the burden of COVID-19, promoting best practices across EU
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2021
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2021
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- Addressing non-covid patients: COVID-19 lessons learned for more resilient Health Care Systems
Read all >