Over the years, Active Citizenship Network has been involved with organizations from all across Europe in different initiatives;
Our MEPs Interest Group European Patient’s Rights & Cross-Border Healthcare has been endorsed by 96 Organizations from 23 Countries.
Our Position Paper «Towards EU elections: a debate on Citizens' expectations with MEP candidates. Questions and proposals on prevention, innovation and a new health governance for the European Union.» has been endorsed by 19 Organizations from 12 Countries
In the «ECU - European Consumers Union» we work together with 25 Organizations from 18 Countries
In order to achieve its objectives, Active Citizenship Network has signed official partnership agreements with a multitude of European and international stakeholders.
Partnerships at the global level:
ACTIVE CITIZENSHIP NETWORK
Via Cereate, 6
00183 Rome - Italy
Tel. +39 (0)6 367 18 1
Fax +39 (0)6 367 183 33
REPRESENTATIVE OFFICE TO THE EU
Rue Philippe Le Bon, 46
1000 Brussels - Belgium
Tel. +39 3408465097
Page under construction
Page under construction
Active Citizenship Network (ACN) was initiated in December 2001 as the European and international interface of the Italian civic participation organisation Cittadinanzattiva(Active Citizenship).
ACN is a flexible network of European civic organizations which are involved as partners in its different projects, addressed to encourage active participation of citizens in European policy-making. ACN mirrors Cittadinanzattiva's Italian policies, such as health, corporate social responsibility, education and training at the global level.
ACN's mission is to promote and support the construction of the European citizenship as an "active citizenship" which means the exercise of citizens' powers and responsibilities in policy-making.
ACN recognizes the prior role of national and local civic organizations in this process and advocates enrichment of the European Union subsidiarity concept by strengthening the relationship between institutions and citizens, so that institutions favour free initiative of citizens, both individuals and organizations, in carrying out activities directed towards the common good.
Active Citizenship Network is distinguished by:
- No Brussels headquarters. The headquarters of Active Citizenship Network is in Rome, Italy and in Brussels there is its Representative office to the EU. Its activities are developed basically through internet and through meetings in different European countries. This method allows the network to be more in touch with needs and aspirations of the European citizens.
- Partners in projects. ACN does not have a permanent nor formal membership. Instead it is a flexible network. Organizations interested in ACN's activities can participate as partners in projects.
- Priority to nationally based organizations. The main target of ACN are national and local citizens' organizations which are the most important, but usually the less recognised and therefore the less involved in European politics.
- New Europe, not the EU. ACN makes no distinction between citizens' organizations from EU member states and candidate countries. ACN's projects are usually directed to all the New Europe countries.
- Global approach to civic activism. For ACN all citizens' organizations are relevant, no matter of their juridical status, size, form and field of activity. Therefore ACN promotes the participation of all types of citizens' organizations in its projects.
- English as a working language. In order to facilitate communication and co-operation between all partners, ACN has adopted English as its working language.
- Informative campaign on IT Law 38/2010: “WERE NOT BORN TO SUFFER”
- The active role of citizens in the evaluation process: methods, impact and prospects of Civic Evaluation in Italy
- European Civic Prize on Chronic Pain Collecting Good Practices - III edition 2020-2021
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- Joined For Vaccination: speakers list
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- Joined For Vaccination: addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and Increasing Uptake in EU. A Multi-Stakeholder Perspective
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- Pain Euro-Mediterranean Coalition (PEMeC) Aliança Euro-Mediterrânica da Dor
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- National consultations: European active citizens for vaccination - 2019
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP SYMPOSIUM 2019
Read all >