Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, since the end of February 2020 it was necessary to reorganize ourselves, to reshape priorities and modus operandi. Evidently, it is in the DNA of this citizens' organization - which for over 40 years has been working to protect health as a common good - the ability to quickly read the needs of people in situations of fragility and to reinterpret their needs in concrete requests and initiatives of civic activism, as better described in the next paragraphs. As Italy was under attack of Covid-19, all the following concrete COVID-19 related initiatives – until the end of April self-financed by Cittadinanzattiva – have been carried out at the national level.
POLART, the name of the project and a mix between the word politics and art, has initiated a partner’s platform at the European level, associating art companies, scholars, universities, civil society organisations and youth integration organisations together.
Funded by the Erasmus+ Programme Strategic Partnership, activities gathered artist-educators, emerging artists, experts and citizens interested in the relationship between art and politics. Led over a three year period (2016-2019), the activities consisted of workshops, research, artist residencies, production of MOOCs, Massive Open Online Courses, and organization of events. During this experience, participants collaborated to conceive a methodology formalising the artistic creation process, and associating art and politics. Participants then disseminated this methodology throughout Europe with promotion weekends and the online publication of video material. In particular, Cittadinanzattiva/ACN volunteers had the chance to be engaged in the production on MOOC and, more in general, worked to educate others on the social, cultural, and economic value of what we do in the community and for the community as an organization.
ACN worked to improve the communication skills of citizens and as an association. We are convinced that it is important to share ideas based on concrete experience and case histories. To know more about the project, click here. To watch the video, click here. For a fun page, click here.
EU Project co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme Strategic Partnership
4th February 2019
Thon Hotel EU
Rue de la Loi 75, Brussels
Meeting room: France - conference area (ground floor)
In the framework of the EU project POLART Circle, the EU branch of Cittadinanzattiva Active Citizenship Newtwork organized in Rome (Italy) last 8th July 2019 a roundtable on the future of advocacy at the EU level, in order to reflect the obstacles and opportunities to better advocate at the EU level.
Program for the Event:
Anna Lisa Mandorino, Deputy Secretary General of Cittadinanzattiva
Active Citizenship Network is participating in the European project “Polart Circle” supported by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
Polart Circle initiates a partner’s platform at the European scale, associating art companies, scholars, universities, civil society organisations and youth integration organisations.
- Informative campaign on IT Law 38/2010: “WERE NOT BORN TO SUFFER”
- The active role of citizens in the evaluation process: methods, impact and prospects of Civic Evaluation in Italy
- European Civic Prize on Chronic Pain Collecting Good Practices - III edition 2020-2021
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- Joined For Vaccination: speakers list
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- Joined For Vaccination: addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and Increasing Uptake in EU. A Multi-Stakeholder Perspective
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- Pain Euro-Mediterranean Coalition (PEMeC) Aliança Euro-Mediterrânica da Dor
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- National consultations: European active citizens for vaccination - 2019
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP SYMPOSIUM 2019
Read all >