The Charter aims to bridge the gap existing in the Community rules about the rights, duties, powers and responsibilities of civic organisations acting in the public policies cycle. The Charter was drawn up on the basis of an analysis of 50 good practices in the relationship between citizens' organisations and institutions gathered in 10 European Union countries and of the comments, feedback and suggestions of scholars, citizens' organisations, and public institutions.
Rationale of the project
The role of citizens and citizens' organizations as actors in public policy making in Europe is growing in the last 30 years.
Nevertheless, neither the Constitution nor the European legal systems of nation-states define exactly their role as participants in the political life as a fundamental right of the citizens themselves.
For this reason Active Citizenship Network together with Active Citizenship Foundation-FONDACA have decided to promote the drafting of a European Charter of Active Citizenship, which sets out the rights and duties of civic organizations that participate in the decision-making processes related to public policies.
The main objective of the project "Future Active Citizens: volunteering as an experience of democracy" is to raise the desire of becoming active citizens among young Europeans, informing them about the meaning and concrete practice of volunteering, based on the direct experience of civic and voluntary organisations.
The project will also allow voluntary organizations to develop a better understanding of their own action in a European framework and teachers to experiment a new form of informal learning.
- Informative campaign on IT Law 38/2010: “WERE NOT BORN TO SUFFER”
- The active role of citizens in the evaluation process: methods, impact and prospects of Civic Evaluation in Italy
- European Civic Prize on Chronic Pain Collecting Good Practices - III edition 2020-2021
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- Joined For Vaccination: speakers list
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- Joined For Vaccination: addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and Increasing Uptake in EU. A Multi-Stakeholder Perspective
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- Pain Euro-Mediterranean Coalition (PEMeC) Aliança Euro-Mediterrânica da Dor
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- National consultations: European active citizens for vaccination - 2019
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP SYMPOSIUM 2019
Read all >