Press invitation Rome, May 10 2012
6Th European Patients' Rights Day" Active Ageing citizens at the center of EU health policy
Brussels, 15-16 May 2012
Active Citizenship Network is glad to invite you to the European event of the 6th European Patients'Rights Day: " Active Ageing citizens at the center of EU health policy " on the 15-16 of May 2012, in the EESC, Brussels (Van Maerlant Building, Room VM3 - 2nd floor 2, rue Van Maerlant).
The number of ageing citizens is rapidly increasing (Europeans aged 65+ is expected to increase by 45% between 2008 and 2030, and even further to over 30% of the population by 2060) the issues of their access to health care services and the respect of their rights as patients are becoming central and extremely challenging.
The objective of the conference is thus to demonstrate that part of the solution resides in a change of perspective vis-à-vis ageing citizens, from weak patients into "empowered users" of health care services, able to contribute to a better implementation of their rights.
It will be the occasion to bring together a wide range of stakeholders throughout Europe:
to reflect on what is currently being done regarding ageing patients' rights and to discuss how the involvement of ageing patients/users in citizens' organisations dealing with health, can contribute to the well-being of the whole community, as well as to a better management of the crisis faced by healthcare services in all EU countries.
The conference would like to contribute, thanks to the collection and sharing of a research on best practices from all EU countries, to the development of public policies for the active involvement of ageing patients in the health policy and to reveal the concrete benefits of this approach.
The aim is promote a broader alliance between citizens' and patients' organisations as well as with other important health care stakeholders, identifying together Recommendations that can be used at European and national level for the active ageing involvement in health policy.
The European conferences will include at least 180 participants among which representatives of the European Institutions, national and/or regional health care departments; national citizens' and patients' organizations; European networks; European and national associations of hospitals, doctors and nurses; the health care industry.
As the places available are limited, the registration is needed, please fill in the registration form you can find on www.activecitizenship.net, where you fill find the program too.
- Informative campaign on IT Law 38/2010: “WERE NOT BORN TO SUFFER”
- The active role of citizens in the evaluation process: methods, impact and prospects of Civic Evaluation in Italy
- European Civic Prize on Chronic Pain Collecting Good Practices - III edition 2020-2021
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- Joined For Vaccination: speakers list
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- Joined For Vaccination: addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and Increasing Uptake in EU. A Multi-Stakeholder Perspective
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- Pain Euro-Mediterranean Coalition (PEMeC) Aliança Euro-Mediterrânica da Dor
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- National consultations: European active citizens for vaccination - 2019
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP SYMPOSIUM 2019
Read all >